No matter their age, women want to be always beautiful and elegant! And as they age, most of them make the drastic decision to switch to short hair. Fortunately, there are countless ideas for short hairstyles for women Over 50, from which you can choose in order to adopt a modern and stack look in the latest trends.
Sandra Bullock, Salma Hayek, Jennifer Aniston, Jane Fonda… many stars have shown that even older ladies can wear short and stylish hairstyles. But what are the right cuts and colors to consider? The answers to these questions, and many more, in the paragraphs to follow. What is more, we have prepared a superb gallery of inspiring photos for you.
Some Inspiring Short Hairstyles For Women Over 50
The Pixie cut
The 50-year-old short haircut for women offers many beautiful and elegant variations. However, if you have always worn your hair long, be aware that considerably shortened hair will require maintenance every 4-6 weeks. And in this context, the Pixie cut is one of the easiest hair styles to maintain and is the ideal choice for all modern women over 50. Need a hairstyle for fine hair? No problem! Bringing volume to the mane, the Pixie is the perfect solution!
The Timeless Bob Cut
The Bob bob cut is a hair style that will never go out of style and that adapts perfectly to women 50 and over. It is not only the skin that changes with age, but also the hair. These become drier, finer and the first gray reflections appear. The short bob hairstyle will bring more volume to your mane while giving it more vitality.
The Long Bob Hairstyle is Suitable for All Ages
You don’t want to completely cut your long hair? Don’t worry because we have the perfect solution! The long bob hairstyle is indeed the most sought-after and most beautiful short hairstyles for women over 50. The long bob adapts to all face shapes and allows you to style your hair in different trendy ways. Favor the “wavy” effect or wear your hair completely smooth.
The Shag Haircut for Women Over 50
Although the Bob haircut is a must-have year after year, the Shag hairstyle makes its comeback in the hair universe and promises to pimp your head squared. A cult 70s look, the Shag has been worn by stars like Jane Fonda, Jennifer Aniston and Chrissie Hynde. Characterized by tapered lengths of multiple levels, “The Shag Haircut” creates a rock effect in disheveled style.
Which Hairstyles to Favour for Women Over 50?
As we have already suggested, the Pixie cut is an ideal short hairstyle for women, 50 years old! But what are the others? So, first it should be clarified that fine hair requires a hairstyle that can create more volume. As the hair tends to become thinner at the ends, it is therefore advisable to favor short hairstyles.
Consider adopting the modern pageboy cut for an elegant look or the so-called pony hairstyle that ends just above the eyebrows and looks extremely voluminous. The Buzz Cut, incidentally, is another trend hairstyle suited to fine hair that leaves more than 9 millimeters of hair on the head. Therefore, it is a short haircut woman 50 years reserved for very brave ladies.
What About 50-year-old Woman Hairstyle With Glasses?
When it comes to a 50-year-old woman hairstyle with glasses, almost all the cuts are suitable, but you still have to pay attention to a few significant details:
- Avoid curls – combined with glasses, curls will overload your face. Prefer therefore the light “beach waves” which will certainly attract all eyes.
- The pony-style cut is also not recommended because it frames the face too much. However, a side pony is admissible since it brings a flattering effect to the look.
Hair Care Suitable for Short Hairstyles for Women Over 50
It’s no secret that with advancing age, hormonal changes in the body also affect hair by making it thinner and drier. A well-adapted hair care will therefore be necessary! In this case, go for shampoos and beauty products intended for mature hair. For example, collagen and hyaluronic acid are two very popular substances in skin care that can also work wonders for your mane. Besides, argan oil is a natural remedy contributing to beautiful healthy hair.
To better benefit from hair in full vitality, internal care also plays a crucial role. Here are some substances to consider:
- The zincis extremely important for the immune system and makes them more resistant hair and in better health.
- The biotin, also known as vitamin B7, participates in many metabolic processes in the body such as conversion of carbohydrates, proteins and fats. In addition to giving shine and density to the hair, biotin is very beneficial for the skin and nails.
- The panthenolhas anti-inflammatory properties and also acts as a moisturizer for hair. It is therefore the best choice for women over 50 who also suffer from an itchy, dry scalp.
What Color Short Hair Woman 50 Years to Choose?
For most women, the first gray hair appears around their 35 th anniversary and so they decide to spend in color mode. But what are the best shades?
- To mask gray hair and create a smooth transition, stylists advise choosing a bright blonde tone.
- Warm, brown hues like brown and caramel are particularly suitable for women with fair skin and give them a fresh and youthful appearance.
- What do you think of the 50-year-old gray short haircut for women? A trendy color with bluish, silver shades or pink, purple or turquoise hues, gray continues to delight us and indeed adapts to each age.
Discover More Inspirations of the Short Hairstyles For Women Over 50